For the second time, Tilakh C Nath, one of our students, was selected to participate in the 2nd Batch of Regional Course on Implementation Research which was held in Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta on Sept 27-30 2016. This course aimed to develop IR capacity in both individuals and institutions, particularly in low- and middle-income countries, where the greatest needs for expanding IR capacity persist. The training was delivered through lectures, plenary discussion, group discussion and problem analysis which focus on a series of modules:
- Introduction to IR
- Contextualizing IR issues
- Developing an implementation research proposal.
- Planning to execute implementation research.
- Analyzing implementation research data.
- Dissemination of Results and Research Findings
- Monitoring and Evaluation
After understanding the principles, 5 groups (15 participants) which were from Cambodia, Bangladesh, India and Indonesia, refined their current research proposal closely assisted by 4 experienced facilitators.
Group Discussion on the proposal