Center of Reproductive Health consists of interdisciplinary researcher and faculties devoted to sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health, and population changes. The center aims to improve the health, growth and development throughout the life of the population in Indonesia and around the world, including those of mother’s and baby, family, youth, women, the elderly, and populations with special health care needs through research, teaching, and practice from the public health perspective. In 2014, the research highlight was on the topic of Micronutrient Powders conducted under the research title “Effectiveness Study to Integrate the Use of Micronutrient Powders in Local Food Based-School Meals in TTS District and Kupang District of NTT Province”. The center was selected as Center of Excellence for comprehensive family planning training.
Research and Activities
- Research highlight:
- Community based survey (for) pilot program: Maternal and newborn health care system strengthening in West Java Province, Indonesia 2010 (World Bank through Oxford Policy Management).
- Youth Knowledge on Reproductive Health and Sexual behaviour DIY Province in (Secondary Data Analysis RPJMN 2010).
- Clinical Trial Comparing the Effect of Contraceptive Pills Containing Lynestrenol with Levonorgestrel in the quality of breast milk.
- Effectiveness study to Integrate the use of Micronutrient Powders (MNP) in Local Food Based-School Meals (LFBSM) in TTS District and Kupang District of NTT Province (United Nation – World Food Program).
- Implementation of maternal and child health surveillance system in Purworejo.
- Community Health Nutrition and Research Laboratory.
- Consultation on reproductive health, maternal and child health and statistics.
- Mentoring of academic: thesis and dissertation.
- Training on Data analysis and Research Methodology.
- Conducting workshop and seminar.
- Sending staffs to attend short courses and workshops abroad.
- Conducting research activities on reproductive health, maternal and child health, micronutrient, and population.
Prof. dr. Siswanto Agus Wilopo
Reproductive Health, Universitas Gadjah Mada
Gedung IKM Lt. 1, Jl. Farmako Sekip Utara