Strict Standards: Non-static method JSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/pascafk/public_html/templates/inspiration-tg/index.php on line 146
Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/pascafk/public_html/includes/application.php on line 536
Call for TDR International
for Academic Year 2017/ 2018
Published on January 20, 2017
Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in the following full-time postgraduate programmes, with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2017/2018 academic year.
The scheme, which is provided by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland, provides full scholarship. Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions are eligible.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not research those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance postgraduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low and middle- income countries.
Further information on implementation research is available from: www.who.int/tdr/publications/topics/ir-toolkit/en/
Three (3) scholarships will be offered for the 2017/2018 academic year in the International Master Programme in Public Health, leading to a MPH degree (2 years duration). The programme is taught in English.
Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students, and their careers will be tracked with the new TDR Global alumni and stakeholder platform that will be launched in the next year, providing ongoing monitoring of the impact of the programme, as well as networking and increased visibility opportunities for students.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Nationals and residences from low- and middle income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old for the Master programme.
- Meet the standard University requirements for international postgraduate students (graduate.fk.ugm.ac.id)
The scholarship covers:
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel and sustenance during data collection in home country
- Indonesian language course to improve integration in the university’s environment
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost
Applying for the TDR International Postgraduate Scheme at UGM
To apply this program, you must send your application in two step:
1. For International applicants please login at http://um.ugm.ac.id/v.2015.2/foreign/idx.php and choose Master of Public Health.
For Indonesian applicants, please login at http://um.ugm.ac.id and choose Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat (Public Health)
Only completed forms will be further processes.
Calendar for applications
|Date the 1st call for applications is posted online||January 20, 2017|
|Deadline for application||March 31, 2017|
|Announcement of selection result
||April 30, 2017|
Applicants will have 7 calendar days to confirm acceptance after notification of offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student refuses the scholarship. Faculty of Medicine UGM reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if the provided information has been proven false.
March 31th, 2017
For more information on the scheme at Faculty of Medicine UGM, please contact:
Ms Sari Wulandari, the International Relations Office, Faculty of Medicine, UGM
Tel nr: (+62-274) 560300 ext. 115
Fax nr: (+62-274) 581876
Ms Yuyun Yohana, the Graduate Programme Office, Faculty of Medicine, UGM
Tel nr: (+62-274) 560300
Fax nr: (+62-274) 581876
Download application for scholarship form
TDR announcement on International Postgraduate Scheme