Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) of Yogyakarta, Indonesia, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in the following full-time postgraduate programme, with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Funding for these full scholarships is from TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, based at the World Health Organization in Geneva (TDR Postgraduate training support). Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific Regions are eligible.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria, TB/HIV and COVID-19. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance postgraduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low- and middle-income countries.
A limited number of scholarships will be offered for the 2022/2023 academic year in the International Master Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree (2 years duration). The programme is taught in English.
Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students, and their careers will be tracked through the TDR postgraduate alumni platform, IR Connect, which monitors the impact of the programme and provides networking and opportunities to increase visibility for students and alumni. The programme provides on- campus teaching, however, depending on regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the course may be adjusted, for example with entirely on-line delivery.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Be nationals of, and residents in, low- and middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) of WHO South-East Asia region and West Pacific
- Be under 35 years old for the Master
- Meet the University requirements for international postgraduate students
- Meet the academic requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree with a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.00 out of 4
- AcEPT score of at least 268 or TOEFL score of at least 550 or IELTS score of at least 5
- Desk evaluation on undergraduate academic documents
- Consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Indonesian government and UGM
The final selection of candidates will be done in conjunction with TDR, considering gender and geographic representation of candidates from the regions.
THE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE
The scholarship covers:
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Yogyakarta, Indonesia (including quarantine cost if necessary);
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance;
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel and sustenance during data collection in home country;
- Indonesian language course to improve integration in the university’s environment; and
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living
APPLYING FOR THE TDR POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME AT UGM
To apply for a TDR Postgraduate Scholarship, you must complete the following two steps:
Step 1. Apply for Master Programme
- International applicants: please log in or sign up at https://admission.ugm.ac.id/ and choose “TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2nd Phase” for Master in Public Please send all uploaded documents with good quality to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indonesian applicants: please send the application form and requirements mentioned in ugm.ac.id to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write a motivation letter and scholarship application form in English.
Step 2. Complete the TDR postgraduate scholarship application form (attached) and email this form to: email@example.com.
Only completed forms will be further processed.
|Call for applications||1 March 2022|
|1st Deadline for applications||28 April 2022|
|Extended deadline for application||21 May 2022|
|Announcement of selection result||13 June 2022|
CALENDAR FOR APPLICATION
Selected applicants will receive a letter of offer from the University and have 3 calendar days to confirm acceptance after the notification. Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, UGM reserve the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if the provided information has been proven false.
Extended deadline for application : 21 May, 2022
For more information on the scheme at Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, UGM, please contact: Ms. Yuyun Yohana
The Graduate Programme Office, Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, UGM Mobile Phone (WhatsApp): +628112544242/Phone : (+62-274) 560300 ext. 205